Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Best Korean Historical Drama : Gu Family Book




Title: 구가의서 (九家의 書) / Kang Chi, The Beginning
Also Known as: Gu Family Book
Broadcast period: 2013-April-08 to 2013-June-25
Main Cast: Lee Seung Ki, Bae Suzy, Lee Sung Jae, JoSung Ha, Yoo Yun Suk, Lee Yoo Bi, Sung Joon

“How can you stop one’s feelings for another? How can you stop the blowing wind?” -- Admiral Lee Soon Shin


 I don't know about you guys but for me, it is! Gu Family Book is all I want for historical drama. Even that the ending is a bit controversial since the audience must prepare so many boxes of tissue because you may cry a lot but for me it is still the best. I always dream to write a fanfiction about a love story in ancient time where the girls is not always a beautiful one but mastering sword and arrow. She's a daughter of a noble man and fall in love with a kind boy. And this is all I got in this drama! Can you imagine that? I think the writers of this drama can read my mind! hahaha





A bit critic to the story line; I just can get why did Kang Chi's mother have to die?? Why??
And talking about this compared to Seunggi's last drama The King 2 Heart, I'm gonna say the previous one is suck. I don't like it at all. If you can see that Lee Seunggis is always starred drama with older girl then this one is his first time with younger one, Bae Suzy. This couple is so sweet and their love is not a cinderella-like which just waiting for the prince to come, but Yeo Weol fights for Kang Chi! There were so many great quotes by Admiral Lee Soon Shin that make you realize what life is. Well, I guess so.
After all, I do really like this drama. It is the best. The story, character, dialogue and soundtrack is totally awesome. Suzy's acting was natural and that's really good hence she's an idol-basic. 
If you think the ending is regretful then we're the same. I mean, as a Korean drama lover, I get used to a happy ending, but Guga--another name for the drama-- has a different idea. Whatta relief finally in 2013 the couple can meet again. I know everybody's wishing for the second season but I don't think they will make it because everything is just too perfect... hahaha. However, me myself also praying there will be the season 2. 




 Some quotes from the drama *my favorite is everything said by Admiral Lee Soon Shin* ::

“I’ve seen numerous people born as humans, but act less than animals. What makes you human is not your birth, but what you hold dear in your heart.” -Admiral Lee Soon Shin-

The ones you love the most are always the ones that hurt you the most. You get hurt because you love and care about them.” -Admiral Lee Soon Shin-

“What determines your humanity is not the blood that flows inside you. But your decision and willingness to live a good life.” -Admiral Lee Soon Shin-

“I wonder which is harder, accepting one’s fate and living through it, or denying it forever and pretending” -Chung Jo-

“Trust is not something that just falls from the sky one day. Trust is something you build through time and relationships. If people don’t trust you, it’s because you haven’t built up a good relationship. You shouldn’t  blame others.’” -Admiral Lee Soon Shin-

“Jealousy is for people who don’t have something” -Yeo Wool-

“I’m not afraid of the future that hasn’t happened yet. What is future, after all? Isn’t it just what the moments right now turn into? If I change now because of my future, what’s the point of living in the present?” -Yeo Wool-



No comments: